Sunday 24 January 2010

New blog on the York Central campaign

I found this website today which states it is a "non-partisan blog detailing the candidates standing for the York Central Constituency in the 2010 general election." Certainly as far as I'm concerned the coverage seems to be pretty fair. I'm also quite happy that the author has picked on a couple of my more radical ideas such as congestion charging. My view is that we have to grasp this nettle at some stage unless we want permanent gridlock in the city.

I was particularly interested in this article which notes that the BNP are attempting to exploit fears over paedophiles at the Southview Bail Hostel in Poppleton Road. It notes that the address on the "York Community Voice" blog, which claims to be an "independent group supporting the British National Party" is the same as the contact PO Box number used on the BNP's leaflets!

Anyway, I trust that the author of the blog will be "keeping us honest" until the date of the election!

No comments:

Post a Comment