Thursday 24 June 2010

Expenses roundup

I had promised in my blog that I would publish my spending on the election campaign - so here it is. This expenditure relates to what the Electoral Commission describes as the "short campaign" - i.e. roughly from when the election was called.

Spending limit for the period £10,745.40 (based on an electorate in York Central of 74,908)

Actual spending of £4163.40

Of which:
£3273.90 - Election materials (leaflets and design costs)
£889.50 - Office running costs (the period given was actually rather longer than the campaign). Most of the office costs (such as rent) would have been incurred even if the election had not taken place.

A total of £1,230 was received in donations in the course of the campaign, including a donation of £1,000 from one individual. All of the six donors were members of York Green Party, and all are local residents. None, as far as I'm aware, are non-doms, tax exiles or eccentric millionaires.

No comments:

Post a Comment